About Hypocritic Reviews
Hypocritic Reviews is a hub for passionate discussion about media. The goal is to bring you honest, unfiltered reviews of movies, television, and video games from the perspectives of those who love them most. It’s up to you to decide if we succeed in that endeavor.
It’s also really flat and responsive, so there’s that.
WHO WE ARE: LOU
Lou is the sole writer for Hypocritic Reviews. He obviously loves media and writing about it, or he wouldn’t have tried to make this site in the first place. He has a Master’s degree in Software Engineering and works in mainframe security at IBM. When not working or writing, he enjoys singing, traveling, and having a good time.
WHO WE ARE: JUSTIN
Justin doesn’t write for the site, but he built it and made it look all fancy-like. He does lots of digital work through Ionic Development, a web design and media production company he founded and owns. If you need a nice, modern site of your own, he just might be able to help you out.
HOW WE RATE THINGS: MOVIES
Movies are rated on a simple scale of zero to four stars. Here’s a little more detail about the scale that we use:
- 0 or 0.5 stars: A travesty. No redeeming qualities. Avoid at all costs.
- 1 or 1.5 stars: A very poor effort. Does more wrong then right. Probably not worth your time.
- 2 or 2.5 stars: A decent film. Enjoyable with a few glaring issues. May be a tough sell for some.
- 3 or 3.5 stars: A very good movie. High points outweigh whatever flaws may be present.
- 4 stars: An incredible film. Likely a masterpiece of its genre. Comes with our highest recommendation.
HOW WE RATE THINGS: TELEVISON AND VIDEO GAMES
TV shows and video games are rated on a scale of zero to ten with half-point increments. A thoroughly average production will generally receive a rating between six and seven.